Thursday, July 24, 2008

Haggard

Haggard:

a. Appearing worn and exhausted; gaunt.
b. Wild or distraught in appearance.

After 87 years, 16 children, 3 husbands, and a cattle ranch, is it any wonder the old woman looks haggard?

After wild search for our lost dog, the quart of demon rum, and myriad importunate questions, we were an ill-looking, haggard crew not fit company for man or beast.

As old as he is, Merle sure is looking haggard!

Thomas and I played Final Fight, and while I'm good with Cody, Thomas really Haggar'd the enemy.

"This is the best part of my job," he thought as he shined his flashlight through the window of the parked car onto the half-dressed and haggard individuals within.

When I view myself in the mirror in the AM my appearance is truly haggard until I have completed my transformation into a functioning human being for the world to see.

Amy Winehouse looks emaciated and haggard.

When Ted Haggard's "secret" came out, he was looking very haggard.

No comments: