Monday, July 28, 2008

Garrulous

Garrulous

1 : given to prosy, rambling, or tedious loquacity : pointlessly or annoyingly talkative

2 : wordy


His garrulous nature made me reluctant to answer the phone when he called.

The entire Senate fell into a deep slumber as the Senator from Idaho continued his unrelenting, garrulous diatribe on the evils of cow tipping.

Using the word garrulous is, in fact, garrulous.

The garrulous woman called me a cheauvinist proponent of a patriarchal society, but I thought it would have had more force just to call me a dick.

There is a certain someone that whenever I am in their company their garrulous manner makes me wish I had duck tape to apply to the hole that the words are coming forthwith.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just want to point out that Idaho really doesn't cow tip that much. In rural backwaters, yes, but our senators are sure to talk about more important things. Thanks for thinking about Idaho. Peace.